Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Never A Dull Moment

Have you ever had one of those days where the universe seems to be conspiring against you?  Well, today is one of those days for me. I know, I know, why should I write another post and bombard my readers with yet more prattle to interrupt their day? Well, to quote Agatha Christie "It is completely unimportant. That is why it is so interesting."

So, here is what I found when I went out to give my goats their dose of weekly herbal wormer.

This poor buck kid has an injury to his ear

I don't know exactly what happened but my first guess was that my LGD went postal on him for some reason. After I looked more closely, however, I couldn't find any puncture wounds or bite marks so then I thought maybe he got his head stuck somewhere and when he pulled it out it tore his skin. It is a mystery. There are no holes or tear marks from teeth or wire or nails so I can't imagine how this happened. So, I put those CNA skills to work and cleaned him up good with some iodine and then smeared a triple antibiotic onto the wound. 

2 cc of CDT vaccine
As luck would have it (if you could call such a thing luck), the buck kids were 3 weeks old and were due to have their CDT shot today. So, needle and syringes in hand we set to work! 


Hey, why are you picking on me?
I'll need to keep an eye on the wound and make sure it doesn't get infected and hopefully I can puzzle out what happened to his little guy.

Now, if the world would just settle down and let me finish my work without interruptions I would really appreciate it!

Blessings,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated and will usually post in 24 hours or less. I will not post SPAM or comments with bad language. Thank you for understanding!