Thursday, June 7, 2012

Tomato, Basil, Goat Cheese Salad

Caprese with a twist!
Absolutely nothing says summer like a simple yet marvelous tomato, basil and cheese salad. Period.

A few simple ingredients are all you need.
Chevre, so divinely simple to make and so very delicious, adds a delightful twist to this classic caprese salad.
What could easier than slicing up a couple fresh off the vines tomatoes, chopping a handful of just picked basil, throwing in some chevre and adding a dash of sea salt? Pure, unadulterated bliss. :) Of course you can always add a balsamic vinaigrette or olive oil and red wine vinegar dressing if you want to snazz it up a bit.

Salad for two anyone?
I love that I can make this salad just by going into my backyard and picking the ingredients and then adding my homemade raw goat milk cheese. What could be better than that? Bon Appetit!

P.S.  A recipe for making my raw milk chevre is soon to follow so stay tuned by joining my RSS feed, you won't want to miss it!

Blessings,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated and will usually post in 24 hours or less. I will not post SPAM or comments with bad language. Thank you for understanding!